when you are going through a creative blockade, things can pretty tough for you. sometimes you may feel yourself struggling for simplest of the words to find the desired effect on the reader, such is the travesty of this temporary blockade that every writer goes through at some time. I recently had my fair share of experience when it comes to dealing with such creative block moment. At the beginning, i was getting frustrated with this creative burn out that I felt every time I sat for writing more than one hour. I would even sometimes catch me wondering if I was exerting myself harder enough? or am I looking correctly enough?; type of shitty questions. I started introspecting with soliloquies deep inside my consciousness and thought – why is this not going through as I want it? the reply came from within, – because you have not decided what you want yet.
It’s the spark of motivation that can clear the strands of creative blockade like wiping off the scales of illusion from our eyes. Before Buddha has received enlightenment, he was a man who was diligent in fighting for his salvation. One day, he overheard a musician teaching his student to tune the strings of an instrument moderately. If the string is too loose, the instrument will not play however if is too tight, the string will snap. From then on, he practiced moderation in his activities.In a nutshell, he achieved enlightenment because of a simple spark of inspiration. Imagine how you can draw out inspiration from a simple phenomenon in our daily lives! In addition to that, you can give yourself a walk in the park and take the time to appreciate the beauty of nature to seek for that glimpse of inspiration.
you can also seek out the help of other people. You may consult an expert in the field that you are interested in or talk to your friend for some idea suggestions. In addition to that, you can visit forums like Quora, Ozzy and Reddit where you get to interact with experts from any niche. Can you realize how abundant your arsenal/resources are! You can interact with fellow writers and get some ideas for your next project along the way.
Try these methods when you are trying to write amidst a creative blockade:
- Practice meditation at least 15 minutes daily. Try to visualize your day as you would want it including the tasks that you would accomplish.
- Ask other writer’s viewpoints on the topic. It can help you by giving an instant head start from where you would exactly know how to create your masterpiece article step by step.
- Take a break, you should realize that like every muscle your creativity also requires adequate rest in order to draw upon an inspirational work.
- Break free technique, as I call it, is nothing but scribbling about any topic which you want to write at that moment.
- Do something creative and constructive that soothes your thinking mechanism. All the positive energy from such tasks start forming an exuberant feel about any subject and voila…
Sometimes when you find yourself not knowing where to start or you realized that you don’t have anything to say. This is simply because you don’t have any words to say or write at all. Learning is a lifetime process. Most of the time, I always find myself reading a lot of books to learn something new to help me finish my articles. Furthermore, adding new words to your lexicon could bolster your imagination and help you get out of any blockade in less time.